Federal, state, and local government agencies are providing information to employers managing workplace issues pertaining to COVID-19. Here are some helpful resources.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: The CDC webpage, Guidance for Business and Employers, provides guidance to employers on how to plan, prepare and respond to workplace issues during the coronavirus pandemic. The site also lists some recommended strategies that employers can implement in their businesses.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: OSHA’s webpage, Safety and Health Topics – Corvid -19, provides information to workers and employers on the evolving coronavirus outbreak. OSHA has also released the document, Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19, to guide employers through risk management.
- US Department of Labor: Wage and Hour Division: This department’s webpage, Covid-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies, has information on common issues employers and employees face while responding to COVID-19. It breaks down the Families First Coronavirus Response Act with a Q&A and details how the Act affects employee paid leave rights, paid leave requirements, the Fair Labor Standard Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- US Small Business Administration: The SBA website provides small businesses with COVID-19 guidance and loan resources.
- Texas Department of Health: Hospitals, healthcare professionals, local public health, community leaders, and others can find resources throughout this website to help them in their response to COVID‑19.
- Texas Department of Insurance: TDI provides information on the Texas Worker’s Compensation system as it relates to the coronavirus.
- Texas Workforce Commission: TWC has published a resource with frequently asked questions. TWC FAQ for Texas employers.
- City of Austin: This website provides Austin residence and healthcare professionals with COVID-19 community resources and information pertaining to travel, the stay at home order, and information for those who are sick.
These are just some of the many resources out there that can help guide you in managing workplace issues pertaining to the Coronavirus pandemic. Remember to check with your local, city and state agencies for the most up-to-date information.
If you have any questions about this topic or any other HR-related questions, we are happy to help. Click the link below to schedule your free consultation.